About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Columbia Missourian

Hi! I know it's been a while, but this has truly been a summer of photography. I stayed in Columbia this summer and was a Staff Photographer for the Columbia Missourian. While working, I covered anything from the Show-Me-State games to the Harry Potter premiere to a portrait about a private investigator. Eventually, I'll include links to multimedia in addition to my photos.

I really enjoyed the random assortment of things I did for the paper this summer. Although challenging, it gave me the experience of a daily newspaper staff photographer.
Boone County Horse Fair
So apparently, Centralia, Missouri is the land anchor capital of the world. They're the leading manufacturer of the things that drive holes into the ground. Every year, they have a town celebration called Anchorfest and no joke- an anchor driving competition. In probably one of the most entertaining sporting events, people of all ages compete to be the fastest anchor driver.
The City of Columbia is trying to pass an ordinance that allows its citizens to own chickens. Bluck Blaahhh.
Stephen's College dance rehearsal.
The Columbia Entertainment Company put on My Fair Lady this summer.
Two hysterical Show-Me-State game volunteers.
Columbia also played host to the regional Soap Box Derby this summer.
The two firefighter divisions in Columbia joined this summer and had training exercises.
50 and over softball: EPIC. These old guys can play better than I ever have.
Show-Me-State Games mountain biking at Rock Bridge State Park. Yes, I did hide in the bushes.
Who knew kickball was an official sport at the Show-Me games
Summer concert series at Shelter Gardens
It rained on the Fourth of July, but all the staff photographers covered the fireworks show splendidly.
This was for a story about a woman who struggles financially and looks for free things to do with her kids.
At the Boone County Fair, a new animal show came which displayed exotic animals from hyenas to tigers to bears... and an adorable baby monkey.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales