About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back in the Homeland

I survived 5 months in Europe, and am struggling to find things in Wal-Mart? Needless to say reverse culture shock is real- much more real that I ever imagined. Seeing my friends and family brought tears to my eyes, but after the initial home-shock was over, I was completely at a loss. What am I supposed to do now? Where do I go? Although I had plenty of tasks to keep me occupied, none of them ranked among Fashion Week or jetting off to Dublin for the weekend.

I knew I was moving back to Columbia, Missouri to take summer classes at Mizzou, but in the two limbo weeks I had at home, I was completely clueless. What helped me get through this strange parallel universe? Family, American food, and the St. Louis Cardinals.

After missing my first Opening Day in years and having to read updates instead rather than attend games, Dad gave me three Cardinals game tickets upon arrival home. Going to these games with family and friends made me realize what I missed most about America- companionship, familiarity, and an amazing baseball atmosphere.

Baseball Heaven and Cubs vs. Cards
22-year-old Colby Rasmus prepares for a bunt
Fly balls always make for entertaining faces
Soriano about to strike out
Another amazing play by the Cardinals
Nick Stavinoha connects with that ball
While pitcher Sean Marshall looks on, the Cubs make the one good play at their loss of a game.

Cards vs. Royals was the third game I attended right after the sweep of the Cubs. Of course, the Cardinals won again, 5-0.
Albert Pujols crouches to out outfielder David DeJesus.
Skip Schumaker rockets one out to centerfield
The umpire looks confused, as if he didn't expect Royals Teahen to catch the ball
The night before, Albert slammed one out to Big Mac Land and injured the 'I.' Free Big Macs for everyone!!!!
Kyle McClellan prepares for a strike
Now that I am back in Columbia, I am lifeguarding at Oakland Community pool, teaching water aerobics at Lake of the Woods country club, taking two classes, and taking pictures as a staff photographer at the Columbia Missourian. News pictures are coming next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, your updated site is beautiful. I loved it. But then I am a little prejudiced because I'm your Mom. Send me the picture of the Big Mac if you would.

 
Camping in Wales