About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Picture Story- Works in Progress

Here it is: the BIG ONE. We've done several little assignments for Picture Story and a few weeks ago, I started the main 30-day picture project. Baseball pops up again as I attempt to visualize the importance of the game in America. Originally wanting to work with a professional college team, I found too many distractions- advertisements, endorsements, steroids and an obsessive work schedule diluted from the simple point I wanted to illustrate. After contacting Daniel Boone Little League President, Eric Chapman, he graciously set me up with a team coached by Ric Wilborn. The White Sox are ages 10-12 with players' experience ranging from competitive to first timers.

The concepts I want to illustrate through my pictures are summer, family, competition, teamwork: part of something bigger, idolizing players, pride, natural outside environment, pace of the game and American symbolism.

I've been to the team practices for the last few weeks in preparation for the games starting the last week of April. Here are some images from practice. Feel free to let me know what you think- thanks!!


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great action shots! Look forward to seeing more photos this season,
A White Sox Mom

 
Camping in Wales