About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Athens

I'm not going to lie, Athens was disgusting. As beautiful as Prague was, Athens was twice as ugly. As soon as you got past the Acropolis, Agora Ruins and Zeus's Temple, the city was a dirty, perverted mess. Graffiti covered everything, creepy men stared (and did other things) at Lainey and I, and the city just smelled. Sticking to the gorgeous parts and city views, here are my pictures.
We stayed just one and a half days in Athens and hit the Acropolis with the Parthenon first thing. Atop the Parthenon is actually three different temples dedicated to the Greek gods. Built on a giant hill, we saw the entire city.

The Parthenon was under construction



Crowds climbed through the famous columns
A stadium next to the ruins
The Agora Ruins from the Acropolis
A view of the Parthenon through the gardens at the Agora Ruins

Zeus's temple was ground level, but just as gorgeous.
The intricacy of these columns 60ft in the air is surprisingly noticeable
The Athens Olympic stadium
View while climbing Mt. Leviticus

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales