About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just Horsing Around

A brown bear sticks his tongue out after bathing in the water on a hot day. Although a little overexposed, I love the bear's sense of humor in this photo.
This duck gracefully lands in a pond at the zoo.
A jaguar goes to lay down with his friends.
Three jaguars look on as ones intimidates with his mouth.
Two elephants link trunks at the St. Louis Zoo.
A giraffe chows down on an afternoon snack of grass.
An orangutan thinks he’s hiding himself under a blanket and away from sightseers.
A black bear cleans out his claws in the sunlight.
Probably my favorite part of the zoo, the penguin habitat is always fun.
This penguin glides under the water as his friends are being fed.
A puffin sputters around.
Looking at the light, a penguin glows.
Camp Cedarledge equestrian center has over 30 horses to ride for girls in the summer. The horse of this close up is named Jewel.
The shadow of a rider and Jack, my favorite horse.
The biggest horse in the barn, Lester, makes some eye contact.
Looking up at Lester, he perks his ears and sniffs at the camera.
SMILE: A gorgeous horse’s teeth.

Located inside of a horse’s nose is an air pocket. The pocket is soft and clean. Despite this knowledge Stacie Boren, Director of Camp Cedarledge, must be forced to put her finger up this horse’s nose.One event of the bi-summer horse show is called the Sit A Buck. Competitors sit on a horse with a dollar bill under them and ride bareback until the buck falls out.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales