About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Randomness

“If fruit was supposed to be suspended in air, God would have given it wings.” My grandmother’s reaction on showing her my studio work.
Mya Lin’s Vietnam memorial has moved so many people, it went on tour. A smaller replica of the memorial travels through the United States. In my hometown of Festus, Missouri, a citizen searches for the name of his son.
Despite America’s reputation of free speech, only two spots exist where unlimited free speech exists. One such space is Columbia’s Speaker’s Circle. One can stand in the middle and scream “BOMB!” In this photograph, religious zealots gather to protest the sins of college students. One student falls to his knees sarcastically proclaiming, “Finally! Someone to tell me about my sins!”
A boy runs across Tiger Tail beach on Marco Island, Florida. This beach is known for its massive amount of sand dollars on the sand bars. Getting up early on a vacation morning to hunt for the dollars before the tide comes in is a family tradition of mine.
The Ronald McDonald House gives families whose children are in hospitals a place to live. The two St. Louis locations are home to many families who have cancer children staying long-term in a hospital. Volunteers take turns cooking dinner for the families each night.
This sunset photo was taken atop Virginia Avenue Garage in Columbia, MO.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales