About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Multimedia Madness

Last semester, I started my first multimedia project with a group during the Morel mushroom hunting season.

This semester, I worked at the Columbia Missourian as a reporter. I was sad I didn't get to take pictures for a class, but excited to be working as a journalist. I quickly found out that I could take pictures for multimedia projects! A co-worker, Stefanie Kienstra and I became addicted to multimedia and did several projects together. I worked with Missourian staff photographers Truth Leem and Michael Pittman, who had been in my previous photo classes.

The first one was an ROTC swimming challenge. The participants were in the water by 5:30 a.m. and were tested in many different things. They had to jump blindfolded off a diving board, swim with all of their equipment and had to pass several conditioning tests.

Our last project covered the event at Mizzou when Frank Warren, creator of Post Secret, came to speak. I'd been a fan of Mr. Warren and his project for a few years and Stef and I were more than tickled to interview him.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales