About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Double Life

Like any good superhero, one side or the person is the average working day-to-day citizen. They buy groceries, do laundry and read the paper. On the flip side, the superhero fights crime, or sneak around spying on countries and assassinating people. While my other side is not as audacious as Spiderman or Batman, I still lead a pretty exciting life: MSN correspondent by day, tourist by night.

Ok, maybe not a completely double life, but certainly two different ones. I love my internship in the News department of MSN. I work with a variety of people from England, Scotland, and Ireland who are all extremely friendly and willing to teach. The days are full- I work from 9a.m. until about 5 or 6p.m. Strange as it is having a job rather than going to class, I feel comfortable.
The other part of my life is still exploring London. Here are the place updates since the last post:
• Stonehenge
• Bath (town and Roman Baths)
View from inside a ancient Roman coffin
A cross in the rocks.
The ancient wishing well.
• Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum

• Photography Gallery
• National Portrait Museum
• Kensington Gardens
• Hyde Park
• Picadilly Circus and Regent Street
• Tate BritianA modern art project called, "What falls to the ground but can't be eaten?"
• London Museum
• Guildford (a town in Surrey) Castle and Cathedral
• Shere (where The Holiday was filmed)
• Abbey Road
• Absolut Ice Bar

• Harrods
• Wicked
• Royal Albert Hall• Buck’s again with ABS!!!
• Trafalgar SquareFunny story about Trafalgar: Last Friday night, Ryan and I were walking around Picadilly Circus. We met these English men who gave us directions and also told us of a large international fair taking place the next day. The men said the fair would have booths from every country, food and be a fantastic time. This was the 'fair' they were talking about. Clearly everyone cannot be trusted.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales