About Me

Most people call me Flagg. I'm from a small town south of St. Louis and just graduated from the University of Missouri. Photojournalist by trade, I use this blog to visualize my life and surroundings. Aside from photo, my great loves are my family, food, the St. Louis Cardinals and Queen. I'm open to go anywhere in the world and experience everything.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

Last Thursday, I learned I was attending London Fashion Week. That same day, I was offered to shoot Porsche. Yes, the car. Peter Bale, Executive Producer for MSN UK came to my desk to ask me on a photoshoot for a Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet. The team from MSN Cars was writing an article about the car and Porsche lent them the car for the week.

On Tuesday, February 24th, I rode in that Porsche. We started at 8:30am and went to the Cliveden House Hotel in BLANK. Mapquest said it was about 50 minutes outside of London-we got there much quicker. I will admit, driving through the English countryside in a Porsche creates a different experience than of my past tourist visits outside the city.

When we arrived at the house, we discovered more Porsches, a plethora of Porsches. Incidentally, Porsche was doing a photoshoot there as well! The same guys that rented us the car were there and welcomed me to shoot the other cars. They were due to leave early, but I snapped a few before they drove off.
The Cayman S Series

We made a pit stop at Windsor Castle to take a few pictures, and then headed back to work.

Later that day, I shot the new Queen Mother statue and made a Photosynth. Architect Philip Jackson designed the memorial of Queen Victoria and it was presented to the public. A photosynth is a program developed by Microsoft that allows viewers to see all angles of a photograph. Since I can’t really explain it- here are some good examples from the Web site
National Geographic –Stonehenge
St. Louis Post Dispatch –T-Rex Exhibit
And here is the one I created: Queen Mother Memorial.

No comments:

 
Camping in Wales